Bitcoin is on a roll, and right now it is gaining steam for a second run. Don’t want to miss out on that one? We prepared a detailed instruction on how to buy Bitcoin instantly on ChangeHero exactly for this case!
What is Bitcoin and why buy it?
You probably know by now that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency: a virtual currency that is maintained in a decentralized way. Instead of a government, there’s a network of nodes and miners that ensure the network is governed through consensus.
However, Bitcoin broke into the mainstream not only thanks to the blockchain technology. The way it accumulates value and is one of the best performing assets as of late attracts investments, but why?
Bitcoin was made to have a limited supply and a predictable issue curve — this is why it is now touted as “digital gold”. And of course, if need be, it can act as a means of payment and savings.
If you would like to know more about what Bitcoin is, read our Beginner’s guide! In this one, we will tell you more about how to buy Bitcoin instantly.
How to buy Bitcoin instantly: Step-by-step Instructions
To go to the dedicated page, you can click the “Buy or sell crypto” shortcut in the calculator on the home page. Alternatively, at the bottom of the page there is a direct link to the “Buy Bitcoin” page.
Choose a country of residence and the fiat currency in the calculator. Depending on these, you will be redirected to one of the two partners’ widgets after clicking “Buy”.
How to buy Bitcoin instantly in the Mercuryo Widget
- Check the fiat currency and its amount, cryptocurrency and the rates again (the rates present in the screenshot are as of May 2021). We are buying BTC with GBP. Provide a BTC address in the relevant field, carefully read the Terms of Service before proceeding;
- Input and verify your phone number. If you did not receive a code after waiting, you can resend it after 20 seconds;
- Provide the information of your debit/credit Visa/Mastercard bank card. The partner will check if your account is valid by holding and unholding a small sum on your balance;
- Your bank will initiate a 3D-Secure Authorization next. Some countries require additional security code checks;
- Next up is one more step: the KYC procedure. You will be asked to provide a government-issued ID (passport, ID card, driving license) and a selfie with the document.
This is it! Now the provider will process the transaction in less than 30 minutes. If you have provided an email, you will receive a summary of the transaction.
How to buy Bitcoin instantly in the Coinify Widget
- Log in or create a new Coinify account. To create a new account, input and verify your email;
- Fill in basic information and verify your identity by providing a government-issued ID and a selfie;
- Choose a payment method. Since you’re here to know how to buy Bitcoin instantly, we are going to choose the bank card;
- Input your address by pasting it in the field or scanning the QR code;
- Review the transaction details and fees (the rates present in the screenshot are as of May 2021), read and accept the Terms of Service;
- Input the card details and complete 3D Secure verification.
It is done! Now it is up to the partner to process the transaction within 15 to 30 minutes.
Now that you know how to buy Bitcoin instantly, what are you waiting for? It is easy and nearly instantaneous unlike any other way.
How can I get Bitcoins instantly?
You can buy Bitcoin with a debit card instantly on ChangeHero. The whole process with verification and payment is streamlined to take a couple dozen minutes.
Can I buy less than 1 Bitcoin?
It is possible to buy and own less than one Bitcoin! Bitcoin is divisible up to 10^-8 units called satoshi.
What is the lowest amount of Bitcoin I can buy?
ChangeHero widget will help you see minimal amounts for each currency. The lowest possible amount you can buy is approximately 0.00175 BTC.
How long does it take to buy Bitcoin with a credit card?
When you buy Bitcoin with a credit card, the procedure takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
What are the fees to buy Bitcoin with a credit card?
Fiat-to-crypto services take a handling fee of 3% for a purchase. It is displayed before you initiate the transaction.